VE.Bus BMS V2 for Victron LiFePO4 Batteries 12-48VDC - Work with All VE.Bus & GX Devices
The VE.Bus BMS and VE.Bus BMS V2 is Battery Management System (BMS) designed to interface with and protect a single or multiple Victron Lithium Battery 12,8V & 25,6V Smart (LiFePO4 or LFP) in systems that have Victron inverters or inverter/chargers with VE.Bus communication. It monitors and protects the batteries against the over voltage and under voltage of any individual cell, and also over temperature or under temperature conditions.
Based on the status of the battery or batteries, the BMS will:
- Generate a pre-alarm signal to alert of an imminent cell under voltage conditions.
- Disable inverting in VE.Bus inverters or inverters/chargers via VE.Bus, and disable other loads via the 'Load Disconnect' terminal in the event of a cell under voltage conditions.
- Disable charging in VE.Bus inverters or inverters/chargers via VE.Bus and disable other chargers via the 'Charge Disconnect' terminal in the event of a cell overvoltage, under-temperature, or over-temperature conditions.
- The "original" VE.Bus BMS is best used in systems without a GX device
The "next generation" VE.Bus BMS V2 has additional features such as:
- Remote on/off terminals.
- Ability to disable VE.Direct and VE.Can solar chargers via a GX device.
- Allowing control of the VE.Bus inverter/charger from multiple devices, like the Digital Multi Control, the VE.Bus Smart dongle and/or a GX device.
- Auxiliary power input and output terminals that allow a GX device to remain powered in the event of a system shutdown.